The first step in finding relief from suffering is telling our stories. Often we don’t feel safe sharing with others our deep and vulnerable thoughts and feelings. My first priority with clients is that they feel safe and comfortable in the room with me. Without that, growth, change and healing might not come so easily, if at all. After a foundation is set, the work can begin.
Some of the issues & populations I work with in my practice are:
- Stress, Anger & Anxiety Management
- Trauma & PTSD
- Struggles in Relationships/Couples & Families
- Sexuality & LGBT/Queer Communities
- Grief & Loss Counseling
- Counseling for Men
Therapists all have different styles and different ways of working.
Some of the tools I use with clients are:
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- EMDR Therapy for Trauma
- Buddhist Psychology
- Ecopsychology & Shamanism